Re: [MiNT] MiNTLib 0.51

Michael Schwingen wrote:

> On Tue, May 18, 1999 at 03:01:12AM +0200, Guido Flohr wrote:
> >
> > P.S.: To return to the question, the code is ugly because I wanted to
> > simplify things as much as possible.  With gcc it works because gcc
> > internally doesn't care if an argument or return value is really a pointer
> > or a long (or unsigned long).
>
> This *will* change as soon as I get function parameters in registers
> working - then you have the same situation as with PureC.

That would be great!
If you can do such a thing, producing Pure C object format is a piece
of cake. Or produce Motorola style asm and use PASM.
That means that you dont need to compile the lib with PureC to get it
working in a Pure C program.

> I think for a library that should work on multiple compilers on the TOS
> platform (there are more than gcc and PureC), we should try to keep such
> hacks down to the necessary minimum.

Lattice C, Prospero, Megamax or Laser
And a multiple of non C languages that are able to call C.

Henk.