Re: [MiNT] Porting with MiNTlib

On Wed, May 05, 1999 at 05:03:34PM +0300, Thomas GOIRAND wrote:
> 	Not a long time ago, I've tried to recompil "joe", the famous
> text-editor. My problem is that it does not recognise the arrow keys,
> and I have to use the good hold CTRL-F/B/N/P... a bit annoying don't
> you think ? How could I fix that ?
>
> 	An other pb is that "vi" does not want to launch anymore on
> my system. It used to before, and I don't know what I changed. It says
> "Unrecognised TERM type". But when I do a "echo $term" it says "stv52"
> as usual, and my termcap/terminfo looks to be ok...
> 	Please help ! I need an editor in text mode !

Looks like your termcap/terminfo is not alright. Have you ever tried
"TERM=vt52" or even "TERM=dumb"?  (Ah, by the way, you quoted "term=...",
which should really be "TERM=...", i. e. uppercase.)

Maybe you should recompile and relink with ncurses (-> Petr), the curses
library is really obsoleted.

Anyway, I think that these problems are beyond the scope of the MiNTLib,
you probably won't find the errorr there.

Ciao

Guido
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000