Re: [MiNT] Problems with recent MiNT beta versions

On Wed, May 05, 1999 at 03:32:20PM +1200, Mario Becroft wrote:
> I only use uux for executing rmail on a remote computer to transfer email,
> and as such it is always executed by smail. The crash happens about 10% of
> times that uux is invoked, other times it works entirely as it should do.
> The same ratio also applies roughly to httpd.

All smail images (smail, mqueue, sendmail, ...) crash with some settings
of the TZ envariable.  They will crash with illegal settings,
unfortunately they will also crash with legal settings that smail doesn't
understand.  You should try to provide smail either no $TZ at all or very
simple settings like "TZ=XYZ-12".

Just in case: This has _nothing_ to do with kernel time functionality.  It
must be due to limitations/bugs in the MiNTlib that the common smail
binary was linked with.

Maybe httpd has the same problems because Jan-Paul Schmidt uses a MiNTlib
that is based on a very old version.  On the other hand, I can't remember
such crashes with httpd.

Ciao

Guido
--