Re: [MiNT] Reset-handler (again)

> KK>And, it is very easy to patronize ppl saying "let the programmer take care
> KK>on non breaking somebodys else setup", but in fact rarely anybody takes
> KK>into consideration the fact, that no one here has all setups possible to
> KK>test changes at the place. Thatīs why betatesting was invented and thatīs
> KK>why beta versions are released.
>
> Yes I understand. I didnīt want to patronize anyone, I just wanted to
> say we need to listen to bug reports very carefully.

Yes, sure, that's developers side :-) But there's also user's side of
things: to report the bug so that it is reproducible. If someone posts
that "N.AES does not load", I believe him, but what can I do when N.AES
loads perfectly on my system. That is just an example.

Of course, some reports like "program xxxx does not work with latest MiNT
and it did earlier" can be enough, because it may happen that the
compatibility was broken just because the developer does not use that
program or even know of its existence. Anyways, some details that could
help to reproduce the actual setup on developers machine, could also help
to reproduce the bug and fix it.

Are you going to the meeting at 24.IV.1999. in Czech Republic?

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@mi.com.pl                  | Atari Falcon030/TT030/65XE |
|http://www.obta.uw.edu.pl/~draco/
|http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.