Re: [MiNT] FreeMint 1.15.1 rev 1.3 Beta & CT2 rev B

> > In order to get the fastram available, one must use TOS 7.0x  Which is a
> > copy of ROM TOS, then patched, and dumped into FASTRAM.
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this is done on Afterburner as well.

> > TOS 7.04 installs a MMU cookie because of Fastram management whatever.
> > This cancels all MiNT memory management because of that. MiNT when
> > booting, seeing that MMU already installed will just switch to memory NON
> > protected, no virtual ram.

This happens with any FastRAM extension on Falcon. That's why I have never
experienced memory protection on Atari - I have an ST (68000) for many
years, and when I got Falcon030 I quickly bought the FX-Card, got MMU
cookie set by the FX-Card TSR and thus lost the chance to see the
protection in MiNT working.

> >  WHat's a solution?

Whatever it is (Thomas already suggested something) it must be done
because there are tons of FX-Card/Magnum users that are unable to enjoy
the memory protection even if they have a real 68030.

Petr