Re: AW: [MiNT] 030-only binaries

On Sun, 18 Apr 1999, Julian Reschke wrote:

> What's the difference of FPU enabled versions? Just that they check the _FPU
> cookie and care about saving the FPU registers during a context switch? In
> that case, I don't think it makes sense to support non-FPU versions...

-m68881 means FPU functionalities will be used for all floating-point
math, AFAIR.  Exerpt from GCC man page:

 -m68881
              Generate  output  containing 68881 instructions for
              floating point.   This  is  the  default  for  most
              68020-based  systems unless -nfp was specified when
              the compiler was configured.

Martin-Eric Racine       http://www.pp.fishpool.com/~q-funk/M-E/
The Atari TT030 Homepage   http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk/TT030/
New MiNT Distribution   http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/nmd.htm