Re: [MiNT] administativia

Jo-Even.Skarstein@gjensidige.no writes:

> [...]

Only the "fake" header above is a bit disorienting, the rest seems to be
ok.

> > 1) Replies in the Subject line
> >
> >    Ensure your mailer uses "Re:" to mark replies, not SV, VA, AV,
> >    or other localised abbreviated translations of "reply".
> >
> 	---- Not possible in my case. Don't even ask, it's just not possible
> to configure MS Outlook to do something like this. ----

Do you edit it manually to have it read "Re: "? It should be possible to
configure even that in MS outlook.

> > 2) Character-set
> >
> >    Either use "us-ascii" or some sort of ISO-8859 character-sets.
> >    Windows code-page and other X-romulan oddities are inapropriate
> >    for emailing and newsposting purposes.
> >
> 	---- Again, not possible with MS Outlook. ----

Your character set seems to be ISO-8859-*, which is just fine.

> 	As for the other stuff.... Well, I'd love to have a decent emailer
> at work, but I don't, so the only alternative is to stop posting. ----

Don't you have a shell account somewhere, or do you have to have the
mail at work?