Re: [MiNT] HARD-DISK DYING

Hi,

I'm not sure if I should reply to you personally or though the MiNT
list, but anyway here goes. :-)

>unless I am mistaken, my TT's hard-disk is dying.  After a couple
>of hours of usage, any time I access it, it spins up and down, or
>even comes down to a full silent stop, then reboots seconds later.
>
>Has anyone ever encountered this?  Have my worst fears materialized?
>Please help.  Thanks.

I had a similar sort of problem with my Falcons HD. It would run and
then spin down, then up, although it never caused my Falcon to
reboot.  A couple of days before this my HD did make a really
bad grinding noise (kind of a give-away I suppose).  After about
a week of this it completely died.

Time to invest in a new HD I guess and back up your existing
one before it really does go.

Bye for now,

Regards,

Ben Hills.