Re: [MiNT] xconout2.xdd docs

>Hi!

>I have installed xconout2.xdd from my broken harddisk and now I wonder how
>it works.  Could somebody send me the documentation because that was
>stored on a bad sector.

I'm not sure if the program you have is the same  `xconout2.xdd' that Torsten
Scherer wrote (and which comes with W,) but if so:
If a program opens /dev/xconout2, all output to the console is buffered rather
than being displayed on the screen; the program can then read from
/dev/xconout2 to read the buffered output. You can therefore use it for
emulating the physical console in a graphical terminal emulator without fear
of destroying your screen... (it works of course by replacing the xconout[2]
vector)
Oh, and if you want the output to appear on the console anyway, you can
write it back to /dev/xconout2.

Is that any help to you?

ttfn
Jonathan