[MiNT] MiNT libs

Following Konrad's suggestion, I looked at every bit from the library
in order to find out _where_ the embeded WTMP location came from.  Well,
it seems that it's embeded in the very core of our MiNT lib... ;-(

libc, blibc, portlib, libusers (and their 16 brethren) all have
/var/adm/wtmp embeded inside them, which I found out after doing
'grep "/var/adm" *' in /usr/lib.

Question for the gurus:

How does one rebuilt a lib from scratch, knowing that one needs
the existing lib to build the new one?

Alternately, are there any utils that can replace a specific string
within a binary (sort of like a disk editor) so I could just patch
those lib files to replace "/var/adm/wtmp" with "/var/log/wtmp"?

Many thanks to whoever can come up with the solution to this one. ;-)

  Martin-Eric Racine * http://www.pp.fishpool.com/~q-funk/M-E/
  The Atari TT030 Homepage * http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/