Re: [MiNT] Re: fatal error handling

On Mon, 7 Dec 1998, Johan Klockars wrote:

> My 'AUTOEXEC.SYS' script contains lines like:
>   ?z?m?n?u?p!c:/nvdi/nvdi.prg
> which would start c:/nvdi/nvdi.prg if no key ('z' is my default), or any
> of 'm', 'n', 'u' or 'p' was pressed on startup.
> Works like a charm!  :-)

Personally I think that's a slightly messy description. It would be better
if the program allows different boot options that you could then set in
the script (I think TCL is the #1 for anything like this ;-), which
would be printed to the screen. Then you would just select which option
you want and voile.

In fact it's amazing this concept isn't in wider use. The xboot etc. idea
is really not a terribly clever or optimal one.

         |    /     Kristoffer Lawson      |    www.fishpool.com
         +-> |    setok@fishpool.com       |  - - --+
             |-- Fishpool Creations Ltd - /         |