MiNT 1.15.1.beta-1 problems

Hi everyone,

following Frank's suggestion, I downloaded and installed 1.15.1
on my Stacy, as a test.  Ouch!!!   It's worst than 1.15.0-beta8
on several aspects:

Stacy test:	 any kernel:	mint cannot coexist with HS-Modem
		1.15.0-beta:	VFAT works, but DOS truncation weird
		1.15.1-beta:    refuses to boot beyond NEWFAT credits

TT030 (since 1.14) test **no memory protection, it never works**:

if/when an AES application crashes, mint is completely killed after
and the TT freezes dead (ie: there is NO "fatal error" message).
Pressing the RESET button does not reset the hardware as expected.
Instead, the screen becomes black with tiny white distortion lines.
After that, the only solution is to completely turn off the TT.

I recall someone recently mentioning a similar problem, after a
major crash happens on their Falcon.

Seems to me that something in MiNT tries to lock hardware control,
in a way that makes it impossible for external interrupts (such as
the RESET button) to have any effect, after a crash, thus making it
impossible to recover from the crash, unless we manually cold boot.

 Martin-Eric Racine           The Atari TT030 Homepage with FAQ
 FUNKYWARE CREATIONS OY       http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/