MiNTnet

Hi, I was wondering if anyone was actually thinking of improving the
mintnet part?

What is it? only ray koemer was the qualified one for such a task?
Why such a request, well:
many people are switching to MiNT because of the MiNTnet part for one
(many other reasons but mintnet still is a very important attraction).

MiNTnet is bugged, a nice shot of land on any mintnet and that's it,
kiss bye bye. So all the protection in the kernal are NEEDED, I agree,
but with no user connected, no security problemes, hence if we are
talking about security we also talk about mintnet in major part (I
think).

2) MiNTnet doesn't support ip masquerading, Ok no big deal until then,
But it becomes more and more clear that this is a must have for such
an OS (MiNT), many people do have many cheap atari they would like to
connect together for a LAN.

3) PAP doesn't seem to be 100% efficient like it should.
Jonk experience, I even helped him out from scratch, his isp only
supports PAP, and many linux users using the same ISP he uses have set
the files correctly. Following what the manual says AND the help of
those users, It should work, YET it doesn't for some strange reasons.
And yes, we've spent that many hours, checking everything, all
drivers, order, setup, etc, He basically has the same
files/version/order as me now, And it still doesnm't work right.
To me there is a bug.

4) while porting some gnu net prog, me and other have experienced some
problem with sld process, going up like a crazy, taking all the cpu
time. And the prog of course didn't work.
Anyway, is MiNTnet a thing from the past, like a masterpiece of Ray
which nobody even dare to improve? or maybe I am missing some recent
updates? I don't know. Thanks...

Email:Kellis@primenet.com
Web http://www.primenet.com/~kellis/