Re: Problems with ST-ESCC

On Tue, 30 Jun 1998, [ISO-8859-1] Jörg Westheide wrote:

Hi,

> I would like to have a look into the sources of 1.15 to examine that. Where
> can I find the sources of 1.15 therefore?

Nowhere, so far, they are not released yet.

> Further testing (with slip.xif deactivated) showed that the patch does
> something:
> With STESCC=YES the machine boots as it should.
> With STESCC=NO or not set it crashes just after printing the message
> "NEWFATFS: cache active"

The behaviour you described for STESCC=NO is exactly, what I expirienced
with older kernels without patching.
Oh one thing is perhabs important: I used the following section in
mint.cnf to get it working properly:

ren u:/dev/modem1 u:/dev/ttya
sln u:/dev/hsmodem1 u:/dev/modem1

(with HSModem2Mint from Jerry Geiger installed).

cu,
	Bernd