Problems with ST-ESCC: solved!

Hi Bernd!

BE>The behaviour you described for STESCC=NO is exactly, what I
BE>expirienced with older kernels without patching.
BE>Oh one thing is perhabs important: I used the following section in
BE>mint.cnf to get it working properly:
BE>ren u:/dev/modem1 u:/dev/ttya
BE>sln u:/dev/hsmodem1 u:/dev/modem1
No, that's not important.

The problem is that slip.xif is started and accesses /dev/modem2 before the
mint.cnf is evaluated. So the variable STESCC at that moment is still set to
it's initial value which is 0 (STESCC=NO). Changing it to 1 makes ST-ESCC
work properly. Next thing to do should be an auto-detect for ST-ESCC...

Bye

                Joerg