Re: MUD outline was Re: Documentation

 >Hmmmm! Clarification required.

At this moment, both Johnnie and myself are working on two distributions.
We expect to send each other manifests and ideas, at one point, to ensure
both will remain compatible.

Mine follows the FHS 2.0 practices, but is meant as a minimal kit to be
used with GEM applications, mostly.  Currently, I have a series of ZIP
archives about 720k each (binaries only):

   1) MiNT kernel, Minix kit, Ramdisk, TAR, GZIP, setup/dist docs;
   2) GNU fileutils 3.16;
   3) MiNTnet 1.01, PPPD 2.2.0f, CAB.OVL 1.8404, Connexion, GlueSTiK,
      sources.html (where to get MiNT stuff, including AFTP and AMAIL);
   4) AES 4.1, Tupajumi;
   5) Farmer, BASH 2.0 kit, Pico.

Note:  Qed is recommended as the text editor, in the Floppy 1 docs.

I don't include any compiler, Unix MANual, nor the MiNTOS package.
Those are listed in sources.html (for those who want to install a
more comprehensive kit, once they're comfortable with basic Unix
operation) with links to appropriate download sites (FTP/HTTP).

Each package is meant to be unpacked as is, over the filesystem
skeleton created by floppy #1 (if Minix partition is on drive E,
unpack each archive it from E:\), and then configured where I've
outlined in /usr/doc/QEMD/floppy_1.txt, floppy_2.txt, etc.

 Martin-Eric Racine           The Atari TT030 Homepage with FAQ
 FUNKYWARE CREATIONS inc.     http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/