Re: GEM and memory protection

hi, well There is one stupid question I have to ask here about all
that:

Ok, IF GEM creates prob with MEMORY protection. WHat is the goal of
this feature? lemme explain:

What are we protecting against?
Badly coded programs?
Sounds the most logical thing to me. But These programs (badly coded),
are to be avoided anyway, or set to global.

My theory as I see that:
If ALL the applications we are running are 100% perfectly well coded.
Memory protection is NOT necessary, is it?
As I see, memory protection is to avoid some nasty problem that some
app could create.

(extra question: how long does it take to make a RAM DUMP onto a
harddrive file?, let's say 4 meg to dump).
(another extra question: Why isn't Uwe seimet participating in the
vmem implementation of MiNT?  With the price of the SIMMS, I don't
have any idea if outside sells enough anyway, (sounds bad, I know)).

Email:Kellis@primenet.com
Web http://www.primenet.com/~kellis/