XHDI

Hi,

I've taken a look at the XHDI specification. As far as I understand
German, it seems, that there's no way to access the disk directly as a
device, if it doesn't contain a partition table supported by the hard disk
driver. As I have already noticed some time ago, XHDI drivers block
physical Rwabs() mode so that any attempt to use this BIOS mode is
ignored (that's why the MiNT VM intially refused to work under any driver
but AHDI).

My questions are:

1) Does the XHDI really NOT support that?
2) If it doesn't, how can I write a program to access filesystems on
   a disk, that has been formatted on (and for) a completely different
   computer (f.e. an Amiga or Atari XL)?

Gtx,

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@mi.com.pl                  | Atari Falcon030/TT030/65XE |

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.