Re: XHDI

draco@mi.com.pl%INTERNET wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've taken a look at the XHDI specification. As far as I understand
> German, it seems, that there's no way to access the disk directly as a

Hmmm. There *is* an English translation in the archive...

> device, if it doesn't contain a partition table supported by the hard disk
> driver. As I have already noticed some time ago, XHDI drivers block

That's available through one of the inquiry function.

> physical Rwabs() mode so that any attempt to use this BIOS mode is
> ignored (that's why the MiNT VM intially refused to work under any driver
> but AHDI).

Well. If a driver refuses to accept that mode, it is buggy. Which driver
did you try?

> My questions are:
>
> 1) Does the XHDI really NOT support that?
> 2) If it doesn't, how can I write a program to access filesystems on
>    a disk, that has been formatted on (and for) a completely different
>    computer (f.e. an Amiga or Atari XL)?

I hope I answered that. Maybe you can be a bit more specific and mention
which driver you tried...?

Regards, jr