Re: RESET vector in MiNT

Hi!

On Fri, Apr 24, 1998 at 12:13:43PM +0200, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:
> As for MagiC, this problem also applies (as I remember) to just normal
> Falcon030. I.e. hitting the hardware reset button usually causes the
> computer to endup with "mute&black" condition, and the only way to regain
> the control is to switch the power off and on.

This does not happen on a regular basis, and it's also possible (at
least for me) to "reanimate" the Falcon by pressing the reset button a
second or third time. It seems to me that it's a problem of the video
reset of MagiC, but that's not supposed to be discussed here, I guess ;)

> I've never seen it under MiNT however (well, no FastRAM in Falcon here).

True, and I guess that's because MiNT does not complete replace TOS and
tries to reset the video hardware. The Falcon's VIDEL is quite easily
"annoyed", and a wrong video mode can cause the machine to hang.

Ciao

Thomas

--
Thomas Binder (Gryf @ IRCNet)  gryf@hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de