Re: RESET vector in MiNT

On Thu, 23 Apr 1998, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> We cannot rely on a conditions like that below, because its not only the
> TT030 what has proper FastRAM I believe. For example, Hades and Milan
> would have proper FastRAM as well (I think).

Since this only applies to 030-machines ATM, why not enable it on
these only? This will atleast eliminate the problem on 040 and 060
machines.

> Also, I quite don't understand how the MiNT would be able to execute its
> reset routine anyways on AB040, regardless of whether the patch is
> reliable or not. It just always should crash this time, even on previous
> versions of MiNT. That is: if on AB040 the reset makes the FastRAM to
> disappear, any MiNT version should crash on Ctrl/Alt/Del.

A normal reset on the AB doesn't "remove" FastRAM, and I have no
problems with resetting via the keyboard. It is however completely
impossible to use the resetbutton under MiNT or MagiC, I have to
switch the machine off and on again.

> The most easy solution of this problem is to remove the patch above with
> all the VM manager altogether, because it is not stable anyways. Then
> release an "official" and "stable" 1.14.7 ;) What do you think?

I have had this problem on all versions of MiNT, so I don't think
that's the problem. Why not just leave the reset-vector alone, and let
it point directly to the ROM-routine?

/*
**
*/