gcc (Re: porting?)

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, Petr Stehlik wrote:

> > > ??? Changelog and diffs are two different things. And I have never seen the
> > > GCC 2.7.2 MiNT diffs!
> >
> > The people who did ports of gcc 2.7.2 applied the diffs from 2.6.3. Don't
> > know, why they did not included their new diffs.
>

> Christian made a lot of new changes in his GCC 2.7.2.3.

Namely? I only saw some visible changes with the linker and the search
paths.

By the way, gcc has the option -fpic to produce address independant code.
Is this fully supported for the m68k in 2.7.2.3? I tried to produce a
object file with this, but only got some internal errors when cc1 was
invoked. Bug in port?
Would be a nice feature.

jps