Re: Atari AES 4.10 vs N.AES

On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> There's some annoying effect (noticed by some people as Anders and
> Maurits) when you use NoBrain's MPEG audio decoder for Falcon under MiNT
> and N.AES. Namely, if you leave the computer alone for some time, which is
> rather short (about 1 min of less), the player stops playing. Apparently,
> the AES gets stopped and doesn't return the control to the application via
> evnt_multi(). The same effect is when using Background DVS player and
> under TOSWIN2 - that last I've noticed when I ran gcc under TOSWIN.

I have noticed this with other apps as well, if you leave the AES
alone it appears to hang, but as soon as I touch a key or the mouse it
wakes up again. This is also true if I work on the virtual consoles,
so it looks like it's a bug in N.AES. I have only tried N.AES 1.1.0, I
don't know how 1.0.0 or 1.2 behaves.

Btw. it has been months since the last time I noticed this, and I
can't remember which apps caused it. However, older E-Gem apps (like
LZH-Shell) causes trouble, if you leave one of their windows open and
then top another application, the AES slows down to a crawl.

/*
**
*/