Re: Opera

> I don't think it's realistic to expect them to do this port, the
> market is just to small.

It costs us nothing to try mailing them.

> Amiga-users spend lot of money upgrading
> their machines, the majority of today's users have atleast a 030@50MHz
> with 10-20Mb RAM. The average Atari-user still has the good old ST
> with 1-4Mb RAM and a 000@8MHz. Opera will never run on something like
> this.

I've never thought about a ST. It has to be at least a Falcon or a TT.
Of course, Opera could never even consider such a port, but we as Atarians
should try to convince them to do Atari version, as MiNT users - to select
MiNT as the OS and MiNT Net as the networking stack. Otherwise we'll just
be sitting complaining and predicting that nobody will do anything, and
this prediction will be quite correct, because we should be the first
people, who are doing anything considering the fact that Atari & MiNT is
our business ;)

Its not a problem to select an OS and a networking software for Atari,
especially that last: the MiNT Net is one of several TCP stacks, but the
only one decent.

> We really need to ditch support for 68000-machines and start coding
> for the new generation TOS-boxes. The almost fanatical "hey what kind
> of shit is this? it doesn't work on my 1Mb ST with a TV and a
> floppy!"-attitude that rules today won't get us nowhere.

I've never said anything else (as far as I know). Also, I've never had an
ST. I would also like to remove one sentence from Atarians dictionary:
"It can't be done..." and one thought from their mind: "... because Atari
is dead".

Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail: draco@mi.com.pl
http://www.orient.uw.edu.pl/~conradus/
http://www.obta.uw.edu.pl/~draco/

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.