Re: Stacy problems

  On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, Petr Stehlik wrote:

  > On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
  >
  > > Quite positive. I've even gone through all my files with Kellis.
  > > Bear in mind only the CPU runs at 25 MHz; the bus is still 8 MHz,
  > > so speed isn't as good as M-STE. Besides NONE of HS-Modem module
  >
  > BTW, MegaSTE is 16 MHz for CPU, the rest (including bus) at 8 MHz.

  Yes, that is correct. There's a cache on the MSTe though, that is quite
  good (better than AD-speed and such). The FPU (if fitted) runs at 16MHz
  aswell. MiNT runs very well on a Mega STe and it's a shame that it's hard
  to find 68000 bins for pppd that does 115k2 as the MSTe can handle that
  :-|

I have compiled pppd 2.2.0f with modifications to allow up to 115k2 baud.
I don't know what the newest pppd is, this source has been on my system
for a long time already... I just took Kay Roemer's patches for 2.2.0e
and applied them to 2.2.0f, then fixed the ioctl's for setting the port
speed.
  -- Howard