Re: TOS platform (Re: Opera)

 >> 2) active ST users who would like to get a better Atari, but have no
 >>    money.[...] we can make the Falcon/TT platform more attractive.
 >
 >However, there is one big, HUGE problem: There isn't any new hardware
 >to buy... Try getting a TT, it's close to impossible these days. It's
 >easier to get a Falcon, but impossible to get any decent hardware
 >(e.g. graphics-cards or 040/060 accelerators) for it.

Here I must disagree; according to Computer Direct and other Canada/US
dealers, only 4000 Falcons were sold within America, whereas close to
10000 TT were delivered for Canada/US.  Falcons sold mostly in Europe.

Newsgroup comp.sys.atari.st proves my point:  americans sell their TT,
but try locating a second-hand Falcon within Canada/US; Good luck!
I've been trying to get a Falcon myself and it's impossible.

 >> 2) An ethernet card for Falcon & TT, for a reasonable price. It may
 >> be just a connector for a PC ethernet. These days its a need.
 >
 >....and MiNTnet-drivers for various ISA/PCI ethernet-cards for the new
 >clones.

Sven was working on it, and 3 Hades/Milan developpers have recently
regrouped to uniformize their BIOS extensions for PCI/ISA access so
future products can work on both Hades and Milan.

From: Martin-Eric Racine FUNKYWARE http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk
Atari TT030 12/48 NVDI 4.11r0, MiNT 1.14.5, N.AES 1.1.0, GlueSTiK
 Unsollicited material will be proof-read for $100 USD per word,
 payable within 10 days.  Submission of your advertisement to my
 address constitutes your formal acceptance of these terms.
 <TITLE><BLINK><H1>No HTML Messages Please!</H1></BLINK></TITLE>