CPU time for time()

 Hi!

I've got a CPU time leak in qed 4.10 :-(
An inactive qed linked with PL47 spend much more CPU time (6-8%) than a qed
that uses PL46 (0-1%)!
In my opinion Jerry's time package is the reason for this leak.
qed use the time() function for autosave and stat() for detecting changes on
the clipboard (every call of stat() calls __unixtime() three times!!). All
these functions called by evnt_timer(500).

Any ideas to speed-up the new time functions?
What are the big advantages of Jerry's time functions?? Would it be possible
to re-integrate the old (fast) time functions to the lib additionaly?

 Chris.