Re: gluestik and cab.ovl > 1.2704 crashes

>On Tue, 20 Jan 1998, Bernd Ebert wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I just downloaded the new cab.ovl for stik (Version 1.2805) and I found out
>> that it is not working with gluestik on my hades. Version 1.2704 works fine
>> but every newer Version causes Cab to crash with a bus error. Is anybody out
>> there who has more luck, or is there a bug in gluestik?
>
>I can't help you exactly with that problem, but there's really no point
>using the STiK overlay under MiNTNet. The CAB-for-MiNTNet overlay from
>Howard Chu is so much better, so you would find that CAB works much better
>when you use this.

Not necessarily. When using cab.ovl for Mintnet I can't get email to work,
also authentication is not working properly (at least with my nt-server
(intranet). Perhabs this is a Problem with my hades060. Some gif-s are not
downloaded completely (white stripes inside of them) and I can't use the
ovl with ssl compiled in.

Greetings,
				Bernd

PS: If somebody would tell me how I could get email to work then I would
perhabs change to the mintnet-ovl. But there is another reason: Gluestik
is a fine piece of software and very useful for e.g. to run newsie with it.
It would be very bad if there is a bug in gluestik.