Re: New beta kernel

> >I actually had to cancel Jerry's diffs. OK, your TIME/DATE cookies, what
> >they're supposed to do?
>
> OK, so could Yves cancel the diffs from pl48? Or perhaps Jerry could look
> what's wrong on Falcon with his Time functions? (I guess it's related to
> Falcon because you and ATACK have Falcons ;-)

I know what's wrong, at least with the kernel code. It tries to access
a hardware clock which is not present on Falcons, thus causes the kernel
to bomb out. At the other hand, the alternative code for IKBD causes the
kernel to lockup in an infinite loop waiting for the IKBD response which
actually does not arrive. I have fixed some bugs in this code but
apparently (at least) one is still there and I can't find it because
everything looks to be written as it should be, at least considering IKBD
documentation.............. :(

> Anyway, cookie 'TIME' points to GEMDOS variable holding current time and
> 'DATE' points to variable with current date. It allows Corner-clock-like
> programs read date and time within interrupts without calling GEMDOS or
> other system function.

OK.

Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail:draco@mi.com.pl
http://www.orient.uw.edu.pl/~conradus

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** aut servit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur (Liv. XXIV, 25)
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.