RE: Security stuff

>> And where's the point if all these attempts (that will break most
existing
>> pograms) ignore the fact that you can get into supervisor mode with one
AES
>> or VDI call?
>
>The point is that you can't run GEM remotely (via telnet). If you're able
>to run GEM, it mostly means, that you're root on the machine, and the root
>has no reason to hack own system.
>
>I thought it was so simple, that most people could understand it. But I
>was apparently wrong; I can even say I am disappointed, because YOU,
>famous Julian Reschke, who wrote Atari Profibuch etc., seem to don't
>get the difference between a local user (who is supposedly root and
>can run GEM and GEM programs) and remote user (who can use only telnet).
>
>Or you just have bad will to not understand it?

Or maybe I'm right, wouldn't that be another possibility?

Yes, I do understand the concept of remote shells and so on. If you are
intending to protect your system from people running a remote shell under
MiNT, then please explain how you want to prevent them from running a
program which just does one AES or VDI call and that way gets access to
supervisor mode?

If your answer is: no GEM anyway, then I must ask why you don't simply run
Linux....

Regards, jr