Serial.CPX and HS-Modem problems

NOTE:  the following is a Cc of an e-mail to the STiK list,
       regarding Peter Rottengatter's Serial.CPX, when used
       with HS-Modem under MiNT. Apparently, HSMINST doesn't
       install the RSVf drivers as expected.

       Perhaps Jerry Geiger (who wrote HSMINST) can explain?
       (having proper english docs for HSMINST would help too)

****

Hi Peter,

 After additional testing, it turns out 7812/31250 baud and MIDI
are correctly found when booting under Single-TOS. However, some
FlowControl values shown are not supposed to be available.  Some
data/stop/parity combinations are illegal also.

One notable difference is, the CPX shows "RSVF Supported" within
Single-TOS, but NOT when using MiNT.  However, Cookies.CPX found
the RSVf cookie in both cases.... and yes, I *do* use HSMINST if
I bootup MiNT.

Does any of the above make sense to you?

****

From: Martin-Eric Racine FUNKYWARE http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk
Atari TT030 4/24/50 NVDI 4.11, MiNT 1.14, GlueSTiK 0.2b4, AES 4.1
    "By the year 2000 we will, I hope, raise our children to
     believe in human potential, not God." -- Gloria Steinem
  <HTML><BLINK><H1>No HTML Messages Please!</H1></BLINK></HTML>