Re: Security stuff

> > IMO, we have four types of software:
> >   * old TOS based progs that access cookie jar etc.
> >   * old GEM based progs that access cookie jar etc.
> >   * Modern MiNT aware TOS progs that can be made secure with new libs
> >   * Modern MiNT aware GEM progs that can be made secure with new libs
> >
> > I dont see why any modern MiNT aware apps cannot be made secure...
>
> Modern applications can be made secure, but old probably can not.

Right, and this is totally regardless of whether it is a GEM app, or a
TOS prog.

The fact that it is GEM makes no difference - it simply means that as well
as Super() and Supexec(), the AES and VDI functions that Johan mentioned
earlier that allow indirect access to supervisor mode also should be
protected.

Given this, GEM apps would be just as "safe" as TOS progs.

Anthony