RE: VFAT.XFS versus MagiC

On Tue, 26 Aug 1997, Petr Stehlik wrote:

> > > Again, this was the reason of writting my yesterday's mail: you can't
> > > read sectors on DOS partitions. That's why XFS is useless.
> >
> > Not even with HD-Driver installed? I believe both MagiC and BigDOS
> > needs HD-Driver to be able to read big DOS-partitions, it looks
> > logical.
>
> Well, under TOS you need BigDOS. BigDOS needs XHDI, which is implemented
> by HuSHI, HDDRIVER and CBHD. But HDDRIVER is not enough for reading DOS
> partitions, you still need the BigDOS ;-)

I think we are talking about different things here. My point is that
as long you can read/write raw sectors with Rwabs, you can write a XFS
that supports big DOS-partitions. This should be quite possible with a
suitable hd-driver.

I believe you are talking about putting some VFAT-code on top of the
original TOS fs code or something.

/*
**
*/