RE: VFAT.XFS ??

On Tue, 19 Aug 1997, Julian Reschke-FJR010 wrote:

> >If you're talking about MagiC, it does. But why spend $$ on MagiC when
> >MiNT/N.AES/AES 4.1 is so much better? Also, MinixFS, MiNTnet and the
> >rest of the real good stuff doesn't work with MagiC.
>
> Hmm,
>
> if MiNT/N.AES/AES 4.1 is so much better, why doesn't it support VFAT and big
> DOS partitions?

Perhaps because the MiNT-developers doesn't see the need for VFAT?
MagiC's VFAT-compatibility is only a spin-off from MagiC-PC, I doubt
that ASH would have bothered with it otherwise.

BTW. big DOS-partitions isn't a problem as BigDOS works with MiNT. No
VFAT though.

> Let's face it, both MiNT/N.AES/AES 4.1 and MagiC have strengths, but in
> different places.

Yes, MagiC is faster than AES 4.1, and (As you pointed out) it
supports DOS-partitions (As long as you have HD-Driver.) and VFAT.
N.AES is almost as fast as MagiC, costs far less and works with
MiNTOS.

/*
**
*/