RE: VFAT.XFS versus MagiC

On Tue, 26 Aug 1997, Sven Karlsson wrote:

> I agree. What's really needed is a FAT(whatever) system that replaces TOS'
> routs completely. I'm writing such a filesystem for Fenix which also have
> support for hardlinks, mountingpoints and other unixfs features not preset
> in the normal DOS/TOS filesystems. It also have a more "unix fsish" block
> allocation routine so that fragmentation is avoided if possible. However
> this is for Fenix which have a slightly altered fs binding. I know my
> commitment to Fenix might disturb you all but I have to choose between

etc.etc.

Well, Sven, I like reading about Fenix a lot. But please tell us when
_something_ will be available for testing. Will it take one week, month or
year?

The Fenix project itself exists longer than year now. Is it getting to
alpha test stage at least?

Petr
--
    WWW: http://ft3.zlin.vutbr.cz/stehlik/home.htm