Re: RE: VFAT.XFS versus MagiC

On Tue, 26 Aug 1997, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

>  >Yes, the much better way will be that only MagiC/BigDOS can read it. So
>  >you'll be then lost completely. Remember the ZIP is 96 MB large so you
>  >need the driver for >32 MB partitions?
>
> Read yourself again;
>
> first you say "VFAT32 is for large partitions of over 512 Mb"
>  then you say "you need the driver for larger than 32"

ZIP is 96 MB (>32 && < 512), so you would need the driver anyway :-)
Well, that's a joke!

> Unless I miss something, you're contradicting yourself.

There are two different layers of implementation: first you need a driver
providing OS functions for reading & writting sectors of DOS formatted
media - that's the lower layer. And on top of this driver the XFS can run.

Petr
--
    WWW: http://ft3.zlin.vutbr.cz/stehlik/home.htm
 e-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz