Re: MiNT security holes?

Tamminen Eero <t150315@students.cc.tut.fi> writes:

|> I'd like to know what are the known MiNT specific security holes.
|> When running MiNT with memory protection on (can't test this because
|> I got only STfm), can user start a non-setuid root program with `super'
|> memory access priviledges (ie. program would be able to write all over
|> memory)?

Everyone can call Super() or Supexec(), thus everyone can access
supervisor-only memory.  This is independent of memory protection.  IIRC,
there was some time a discussion whether Super or Supexec should be
root-only, but that would break almost all programs.

--
Andreas Schwab                                      "And now for something
schwab@issan.informatik.uni-dortmund.de              completely different"