VFAT.XFS versus MagiC

While I would not go as far as Katherine, there are indeed
various bugs and oversights related to MagiC. However, the
crashes are no more frequent on MagiC than other OS unless
a Falcon is involved. But then, if ASH won't bother fixing
their stuff to be compatible with all TOS versions they're
gonna loose, especially given the large Falcon user-base.

Additionally, I-Connect doesn't support MiNTnet nor STiK,
it only seems to work on machines running MagiC. Everyone
who tried it on a non-MagiC machine had horrible crashes.....

Either ways, Atari did not need another TCP/IP stack.

Quite frankly, ASH truely sucks, from my end of the wire:
They never reply to my e-mails, hardly bother translating
their best software or exporting it outside Germany.

Why should I bother with their products then?

All this hassle just to be able to read/write VFAT and be
able to interract outside the golden cage that has become
the Atari universe?

NO, THANK YOU.

Might as well sell my TT and buy Windooze, at this point,
if all those MiNT honchos are playing "Can't be bothered
with anything remotely related to Loose95, cause Minix is
so much better and shit" instead of creating the tools we
need to use our Ataris outside home.

At least, Sven *did* offer to give it a try. ;-)

As for Germans, seems they have all moved to MagiC.......
You might as well unsubscribe from this list, Mr.Reschke!

From: Martin-Eric Racine FUNKYWARE http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk
Atari TT030 4/24/50 NVDI 4.11, MiNT 1.14, GlueSTiK 0.2b4, AES 4.1
    "By the year 2000 we will, I hope, raise our children to
     believe in human potential, not God." -- Gloria Steinem