Re: MiNT and binary emulation subsystem.

> This is an interesting paragraph that I read about NetBSD.
>

> NetBSD 1.1 has significantly enhanced the binary emulation subsystem
> (which includes iBCS2, Linux, OSF/1, SunOS, SVR4, Solaris and Ultrix
> compatibility) and several kernel subsystems have been generalized
> to support this more readily.  The binary emulation strategy is
> aimed at making the emulation as accurate as possible.
>

>         mint@atari.archive.umich.edu.
>

> My question is:  Is it possible to do the same with MiNT?  perhaps we can find out
> how the NetBSD subsystem works and implement it in MiNTOS so that MiNT can use the
> binaries from NetBSD.  So emulations of interest to me would be AmigaDOS,
> MacOS, and OpenSTep.

Actually, I've been offered (free and clear, by a workmate) his sources to
an ELF-format executable loader. He wonders if MiNT might benefit from it.
It's apparently fairly light on for size, but I do worry about extra
memory pressures from creeping featurism. Comments?