Re: Elvis on Mintnet, and a gcc 2.6.3 problem(?)

Pim Borst writes:
> Elvis is alive! I saw him on Mintnet yesterday, and he caused me
> a lot of trouble...

 ;-)

> My question therefore is whether there is a way of telling Elvis not to use
> CR/NL.

in your .exrc (or elvis.rc):

set nocrlf

> Maybe there is a newer version of Elvis.

 which reminds me.  a while ago i tried building elvis 1.8pl3 for mint
(simple BSD config, no more vanilla-TOS compatibility including silly ^Ms)
and only got liker errors, baserel overflow. (i still wanted a shared text
version of course...)  this was gcc 2.6.3, 1.7 was built with 2.3.3,
has something changed with the baserel base calculation or something?
or has elvis put on so much weight? :)

 ATB,
	Juergen

PS: if i remember right according to cnm data+bss still was < 64K, i think
even < 32K...  (yes i did try allocating some larger arrays runtime, no luck.)