UNIXMODE (again)

Could someone please email me what they have for the following env vars?
UNIXMODE, GNUINC, GNULIB, and TMP.

Bash, Make, and Gcc don't read files properly without UNIXMODE being
set to '\u', although I suppose that additional flags might also
work (anyone have a list of what all the UNIXMODE flags do?).  I
then need to set TMP to U:\tmp or GCC says it can't find /tmp/c000i.tmp
or something?

Then to find includes and such I have to set GNULIB to U:\usr\lib
and GNUINC to U:\usr\include.  Does anyone else think that setting
these is a bit redundant?  Surely this isn't necessary ...

Also - email me with the address to subscribe to.  I'm gonna have to
hit it again.  I still don't get mail going to the list, and I
think gem-list got dropped too!

Thanks,
Evan Langlois
ekl@sdf.lonestar.org