Re: Complete system on MiNT

>I have a couple of programs that are able to work together using MagiC (the
>commercial multitasking environment), and I believe they should be able to
>cooperate also in a "Freeware/Shareware multitasking environment", but I
>have to build such a system first.

What do these programs do?  How do they do it?  If you want to run
multiple GEM programs at once, you are out of luck without a replacement
GUI.  GEM cannot multitask without rewriting GEM - MiNT can't fix that.

>May be a stupid question, may be not: can a GEM program run on a non-GEM
>GUI environment?

No, well .. I've heard of GEM emulators that let you run GEM programs
under X but I don't know of any that actually exist.  I may be wrong, but
I think its just vaporware.

>And if wanted to try one of these alternate GUIs, what do I need?

If you wanna run X, get the TAF package.  Its a PIA to set up and
get running, and you need a minimum of 4MB and its TIGHT at 4MB.  For
W, check Kay Roemers WWW page.

There is an alternate GEM AES that you can take a look at, at
http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d2cg/oaesis