Re: W1r2 - great!

What you wrote:
> Simon Kagedal writes:
>
> > Is there no 'standardized' way to do shared memory stuff, like POSIX or
> > something?
>
>  I would say the shmget/shmat/shmdt... calls are the standard. I was only
> told they're from SysV, so I wouldn't bet on that - but it doesn't matter.
> I've no idea on what POSIX says about that, but each time you stumble over
> SHM - in X11, Linux kernel compilation et.al. - they're always refered to
> as 'SysV IPC' and always look the same, even under BSD systems. Without
> knowing any official specs I would say that's enough evidence.

I've got the POSIX.4 spec here and I'm reading it (well, the bits about
shared memory, since I'd like W to have that ASAP even if I don't do it
:-)...  SysV shared memory is _similar_ to POSIX shared memory.

I'm going to have a go at implementing it so it can be added to
MiNTlibs, but I don't think some things are going to be possible, or
will need to be faked (like memory-mapping a file... has anyone got any
brilliant ideas on how to implement that on a system with no MMU?).

If I find I'm too lazy to implement it, I'll post a summary to the MiNT
list so someone else can get started.  :)

--
Chris Herborth, R&D Technical Writer       Arcane  Dragon     chrish@qnx.com