Re: MiNT SHM compared to others

> would be the fastest way to implement the stuff (locally).  By browsing
> MiNT manuals I got the impression that using SHM would actually be very
> simple.  However, as TeSche's W version currently works also under Linux
> (graphics stuff needs little-endian byte order, so no PC version :)),
> this 'should' then also work under Linux.  Do Linux and MiNT SHM schemes
> differ, and if they do, how?

Yes, the standard sysV programming interface to shm (which linux uses) goes
through the routines shmget(), shmctl(), shmat() and shmdt(). All use unique
32 bit identifiers as "names" for shared memory regions.

Mint does it a bit more unix like, ie mapps shared memory regions to files
in the filesystem. But I think one could easily write an emulation of the
sysV routines using Mint shm, but not the other way round.

Kay.
--
Kay Roemer              roemer@informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
"If I ever meet ..."    http://www.uni-frankfurt.de/~roemer/