Re: AES 4.1 in color Fails with all mh versions

On Sun, 18 Jun 1995, Michael Hohmuth wrote:

> > Could I ask whoever's managing FreeMiNT/NetMiNT in the future for the
> > standard binaries to be compiled with -DMULTITOS in future? I have found
> > no problems using my binaries compiled this way with single-tasking GEM or
> > a full MiNTOS setup, so I can't see what harm it's going to do.
> It would be better to fix this bug once and for all than to work
> around it forever.  Obviously, people who can reproduce this problem
> are predestined to track it down and fix it.  (Hint! ;-)

Unfortunately I don't have the familiarity with the MiNT code tree, nor
(as mentioned in my previous message) do I have any room for a MiNT-based
gcc ATM. Sorry. I'll do whatever I can to track it down, but tomorrow is
my last day of decent internet access. On Wednesday I go away for summer
vacations and only if I'm able to pay for a decent speed modem and a
Demon Internet account will I have access.

> If you are not able to fix it yourself, you could try some
> experimenting.  For instance, does the problem go away if you run MiNT
> without memory protection?  Are you using "INIT=" instead of "GEM=" in
> MINT.CNF?

I can answer those. I was either using INIT= or naming gem.sys as the
default shell for a user called 'GEM' (with gid 0) in my passwd, but the
problem also exists with GEM=. The problem occurs regardless of memory
protection status. No debugging information whatever is output before the
crash.

ATB,

Martin

* - <A HREF="http://www.dur.ac.uk/~d408x2";>WWW Home Page </A> - *