Re: MiNT-X lib bug?

> > ok, but running it failed. With GDB I found that the XrmQGetStringResource
> > function (in Xlibs) tries to copy something from address zero to a
> > register.
> > I suspect that Xlib has some parts that rely on two unixism:
[...]
> > Maybe Xlib includes also things like this? Could someone check
> > this out?
>
> have you increased the stack? X-programs need a lot of it.

I'll always try that before debugging. I doubt whether I could use gdb
for debugging a program that has too litte stack...

I'm also wondering about another thing.  Some of the programs that I
have compiled (eg.  XTron, Xpipeman) freeze X when there's a lot to draw
to the screen.  I'd guess that they fill some event buffer or produce an
unresolved race condition or something...  Would adding some delays (eg.
5000 us) to the XCopyPlane() loops help (I know nothing about programming
X myself...)?

Also X uses a lot of stack (97k), is that some 'mostly' enough value
or an amount that is garanteed to be enough???

	- Eero -

PS. Is anybody willing to do smaller bitmaps to a couple of programs?
Eg. XJewel looks very good and is fast, but I can see only the upper half
of the XJewel window on my ST-hirez :-(. Having the remmebering element
on the game can add something to the gameplay :) but mostly it's just
annoying...