(/pipe/log:file not found)

Isn't the /pipe/log file started by syslogd?  I can't seem to get it to
appear unless I first log in as root start it then exit, but only if I'm not
using Init.

I've tried starting it with the other daemons in one of the RC's and it
seems to execute properly (i.e. no more access denied messages.)  I also
occasionally get an out of processes message...does this mean I am out of
memory?  (I hope not as that means I can only run one process per login
session...assuming I dont' add any more daemons. (i.e. httpd, talk, etc...))

Thanks for the help the the Access denied problem. I no longer get those
nasty little messages.  I had used detar.prg on some of them, as for some
reason tar would say access denied...turns out it's access permissions were
incorrect as well. Although it worked as long as I was root using tcsh and
trying to untar a file in the search path. I hope it works properly now as
detar truncates file names.

P.S.  IF there are executeables that I only want certain groups to execute
is there a way for me to grant that. (I.E. system administrators...etc..)