Re: VM

> Does anyone know if any of the commercial VM systems (Outside, etc.) work
> with MiNT? Even if they do, I would rather see an integrated solution, if
> only because I think it is more likely to support MiNT's extra features,
> and likely to be reviewed and upgraded more often.

 Outside does run under MiNT... if you switch off memory protection, which
is it's biggest disadvantage in my eyes. AFAIK with all of these 'external'
solutions you can choose between either MP or VM, but none of it yet supports
both.

 On aspect of *true* VM hasn't yet been mentioned: It's not only a question
of how much more memory you get, it has also the 'side effect' ;) of avoiding
memory fragmentation - if it's done properly. This has is my eyes always been
the bigger problem when doing real multitasking under MiNT. Note the perfect:
I've recently 90% switched ot Linux. :)

ciao,
TeSche
--
Torsten Scherer (Schiller, TeSche...), itschere@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de
Faculty of Technology, University of Bielefeld, Germany, Europe, Earth...