Re: Bug in Gcc 2.5.8

On Mon, 21 Nov 1994, Ulrich Kuehn wrote:

> Hello!
>
> |>	i am pretty sure that the addq with a addr register
> |>destination will not effect the Zero flag.  dont have a handbook here
> |>to reconfirm. you can always compile with -fno-defer-pop to stop gcc
> |>from deferring pops.
> |>
> Well, I just compiled MiNT 1.12 with this option, using gcc 2.5.8, and
> this annoying hangs do not occur. So do you have any explanation?

I had a look in 'MC68030 Enhanced 32-bit microprocessor user's manual
(3rd Edition)' and at page 3-15 it says that ADDQ affects X N Z in the
normal way (and V C in a special way, but that's irrelevant).
It does NOT say anything special about using address registers.
Actually ADDA is not even listed which I interpret as not affecting any
flags.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but you know where I got my information.

Stefan