Re: Bug in Gcc 2.5.8

> I had a look in 'MC68030 Enhanced 32-bit microprocessor user's manual
> (3rd Edition)' and at page 3-15 it says that ADDQ affects X N Z in the
> normal way (and V C in a special way, but that's irrelevant).
> It does NOT say anything special about using address registers.
> Actually ADDA is not even listed which I interpret as not affecting any
> flags.
>
> Please correct me if I'm wrong but you know where I got my information.

The M68000 Programmers Reference Manual (4th edition page 61)
states at the description of ADDQ:

" The condition codes are not affected if an addition to an address register is
  made"

This is true for all operations which manipulate address registers.

You can easyly proove this by writing a small test case !

ciao,
 Robert